Sunday, April 8, 2007

Singapore - Kuala Lumpur - Phuket


The night coach was great! Only rows of 3 seats, which were really comfortable reclining seat suitable for sleeping. The roads in Malaysia were surprisingly good - like the French Autoroutes. By the way - all I saw of Malaysia looked VERY well organized. Arrived in KL at 530 and had breakfast at McDonalds, walked a little around and tried to log onto Airasia.com to get a ticket to Phuket. Then I discovered that tickets can only be bought online up to 23 hours 59 seconds before the flight. So I tried to call them but got a busy signal. Found out that they had an office in the Central Railway station, caught a taxi there and got my ticket. The airport shuttle was ready to leave at once, so unfortunately I did not get to see the Petronas Twin Towers this time. Next time I'm in KL who knows - they might not be the highest structures in the world anymore.

Airasia was also a nice experience - new plane, nice crew, and arrived on time.

Checked in at a cheap, but nice hotel in Patong Beach for five nights, went to sleep to make a little up for the 2 previous nights, and had dinner. Beach tomorrow, finally!

No comments: